E-mail me

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Please pray!!!

I need your help and your prayers!!!! Please!!!!

Two Jehovah's Witnesses just came to my house. We had a rather lengthy discussion... me standing barefoot in the doorway with my nice warm living room behind me and them standing on my concrete porch. (Our front door faces North, so it's always in the shade. It's not too terribly cold here when compared to places like Canada, Russia, or even when compared to Kentucky. But, when you're in the shade and barefoot and wearing shorts, 49 degrees Fahrenheit is a bit chilly.) Why did I not invite them in? As I told them, "I'm a homeschooling mom, and my house is rather a mess at the moment." Back to our discussion... normally, I'd have just said, "Thanks, but I am a Christian" and left it at that. I guess the Holy Spirit had other plans for me today. I asked to see their Bible. Then, I asked them if I could show them the same verse in my Bible. The verse to which I'm referring? John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Their "Bible" says, "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a god." So, we went on to discuss many things... including me audibly asking the Lord for help to find the Scriptures He wanted me to share. Then, the sirens started going off. We live within a 10 mile radius of a nuclear power plant; and at noon on the first Wednesday of the month, they test their sirens. That reminded Marge, the woman (there was also a man, but I didn't find out his name) standing at my door, of their meeting that they have at the "hall." So, she asked if she could come back next week. I mentally ran through all the things that I might have on my calendar next Wednesday morning. Since no conflict came to mind, I invited her to come back next Wednesday at 11 a.m. (Eastern) I told her that I'd try to have my house a little more straightened up so that she could come inside.

So, my first question to you is, will you please pray for me and for Marge? Pray that the Holy Spirit will prepare me and speak through me to her. Pray that she will be open to hearing the Holy Spirit's TRUE voice and that she will respond to His (God's, Jesus', and the Holy Spirit's) tugging at her heart.

And, my next question is, if you've ever had the opportunity to witness to a Jehovah's Witness, will you please share with me any and all insights that you have?

I plan to peruse A Biblical Response to Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm already praying and will continue to pray. I will study His Word and the Truth.

Thank you for your help!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, Christians who have no more education about JWs than what they have read in a few hours on the internet should not try to debate JWs on JWism, because they will eat you alive on those JW issues on which you are not an expert, and totally ignore you on those issues that they are not an expert on.

Bear in mind that only GOD can reach a JW. Your job is simply to plant a seed, or fertilize a seed already planted.

Stick with what you know best. Give your own testimony. If the HS gives you more -- speak. If not, take the hint and excuse yourself.

DO NOT allow the JWs to deliver their message. They will attempt to control the conversation. DO NOT allow them to do so. If they will not listen to your testimony, then show them the road.

Pray.

JohnOneOne said...

"What About John 1:1?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, an important part of Bible study is the comparison of translations. Regarding their comparative value, Miles Coverdale (b.1488-d.1568), who produced the first complete printed translation of the Bible into English, wrote: "one translation declareth, openeth and illustrateth another, and ... in many cases one is a plain commentary unto another."

The King James Version translators had also appreciated the work of early translators, for even upon their cover page they explained that their own work had been, "Translated out of the Original Tongues and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised."

For many, John 1:1 plainly declares Jesus (the Word) is God. And yet, few are aware of the number of other ways in which hundreds of Biblical Theologians, Scholars and Translators alike have, down thru the centuries, chosen to render this verse - as something other than, "and the Word was God."

John 1:1 may be the most discussed, explained and/or debated scripture of any in the Bible. After 16 years study, there is soon to be released an Extensive Annotated Bibliography, providing the dedicated student of the Bible a sampling of what has been offered by many, well respected Bible scholars, that is, as to the many appropriate, alternative renditions of this most controversial scripture, John 1:1.

Agape: john1one@earthlink.net

~~~~~~~~~~~

Please visit: http://www.goodcompanionbooks.com

"Good Companion Books" is dedicated to publishing well researched, informative books, on certain key Biblical subjects.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, please consider this: In view of the fact that, within Acts 20:27 (NWT), Paul tells us that he had “…not held back from telling [us] all the counsel of God,” when examining the full content of Paul’s preaching and teaching, nowhere can it be found that he had ever expounded upon any Trinity doctrine.

For this reason, you may also want to examine the contents of these related links as well:

"Some Interesting Observations About the Trinity, Perhaps Not So Commonly Known"

http://www.geocities.com/goodcompanionbooks/Some_Interesting_Observations.html

Some Powerful Reasoning's About the Trinity, Not So Easily Dismissed"

http://www.geocities.com/goodcompanionbooks/Some_Powerful_Reasonings.html

~~~~~~~~~~~

Agape, Alan.

Ms. Anita said...

I am going to post a comment which I received from a Jehovah's Witness... "John One One" is one of the ways he identifies himself. Please know that Hixson FBC and I do not agree with all comments left on this blog.