E-mail me

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Please continue to pray...

Marge and another JW (not the one who came w/ her last week) came back today... a little after 11 a.m. Eastern. (I think Marge said the other one's name was Lou.) Basically, the one who came with her this week dominated the conversation which is (as I've learned from others and now from my own experience) one of JWs' tactics. However, they do plan to come back again next week around the same time.

I don't know that much was accomplished this week except that I was able to keep them here at my house (we sat on our small front porch) instead of trying to "win other converts." However, when I become more confident, I feel that the Holy Spirit will be able to dominate the conversation... through me.

I've learned many things about the JWs within the past week. I would like to be able to embed a video entitled "Witnesses of Jehovah," but it's nearly 60 minutes long. So, it's probably best if you go and watch it for yourself. Here's a link to a page that will take you to the video. Or, you can click here to go directly to the Google video page that will automatically play it. (Again, it is nearly 60 minutes long so it may take dial-up users a loooooong time for it to load.)

The gist of the video is a history of JWs and their beliefs. It includes interviews with two current JWs and with several former JWs. (I think it was produced in the mid-1980s; so if nothing else, it provides a fun look at the styles from that time.)

I want to publicly thank all of those who've left comments and links and all who've prayed for me. I appreciate your continued prayers and insights.

No comments: